[mythtv-users] Why RAID 5 stops working in 2009

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Fri Oct 24 20:59:24 UTC 2008

} >> Not to be a debbie downer or anything but man, I wish I could afford
} >> to worry about my 16 disk RAID array for TELEVISION.
} >>
} >> /jealous.
} >
} > Me too.  On the other hand if you've already decided to heat your house
} > electrically, why not at least have the storage as a side benefit?  :-)
} >
}
} I was thinking about that myself since I turned the furnace on last
} weekend. Recently I have been concentrating pretty highly to cut the
} power usage on all of my systems but in the heating season no need to
} worry so much as they will provide some added heat into the house.
}

my computer room is a lot warmer with my latest drive additions.
however mostly I find it annoying that I keep tripping breakers
whenever I turn the vacuum on in the room.
need to get a good 20A circuit added to the room.

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org