[mythtv-users] end of recordings still cut off.

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 10:46:06 UTC 2008

> In 0.21 fixes, I have used myth setup to set the number of
> 'simultaneous recordings' (can't remember the exact setting) on each
> DVB tuner to 2. I did this in the hope that the end would not be cut
> off of two pre-rolled sequential programs on the same multiplex.

Mythtv will not use an extra tuner to hounour pre-roll (I guess it
assumes that the existing tuner is already rolling). If you want to
force the second recorder to start recording before the first finishes
then you have to modify your recording rule to include a bit of
"record before" and/or "record after".  You can specify this as a
default but I think you would need to modify any recording rules you
have already created.

HTH