[mythtv-users] Plugging a non-TV source to a capture card line input?

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Fri Oct 24 00:43:01 UTC 2008

If I'd like to digitize some old VCR tapes with my mythtv, how do I
configure my backend to do so?

1) mythtv-setup, add a fake lineup for line input on my WinTV PVR500? (right
   now I only have antenna input defined)

2) use the manual tuner switch feature 'Y' to get to line1 on my tuner card?

3) use manual record while the video is playing

I'm just not sure how I can setup a fake lineup in step 1, or if this is
even what I'm supposed to do overall?

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/