[mythtv-users] Record this program in this timeslot every day?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Thu Oct 23 19:08:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Duncan Brown <mythtv at duncb.co.uk> wrote:
> David Segall wrote:
>> What is the SQL for "record this program in this timeslot every day? For
>> most of my recordings I want to record a daily or weekly program that is
>> supposed to start at a particular time but could be up to an hour
>> earlier or later. It may not be broadcast on some days. I have used
>> Custom Record or a different option but perhaps this option is exactly
>> what I need.
>>
> Hi
>
> I'd guess 'record one showing of this title every day/week' is what you
> are after..

Howdy Duncan,

But that's not the same thing.

Here's an example that I'm currently considering: my daughter watches
t.v. at the same time as the first showing of something that I want to
record.  I need to be able to create a blackout period that pushes
myth to record later showings when there is a later showing.  Bonus
points: when there isn't a later showing, I want the option of having
it, on a per show/rule basis, either record anyway (over my daughters
wishes), or not record (so she can watch her Hanna Montana).

   Marc