[mythtv-users] DVB-S performance

Per Jørgensen myth at pbj-design.dk
Wed Oct 22 20:17:14 UTC 2008

John van Timmeren wrote:
> Changing your dvb-s card seems a bit early. Don't now about the 4000
> series but usually hauppauge card do a fine job. My though would be
> something about your settings as Nick already poined out..

Well - the though was here - if it was to cheap a buy ?? about 911dkr.
Normally Hauppauge make good capturecards and properly most Mythtv Users
have tried a Hauppauge.
But though the picture would be better - since this card should be able
to handle HD, but are not supported yet in the drivers.
> Did you changed your mpeg quallity settings to max already?

No - I have tried to play a little bit with it - but didn't see any changes
> If you connect your mythbox to the same cable as your dreambox is the
> image still less?

The Dreambox uses SCART - But I have my server in the garage - and using
LAN to the livingroom.
> How is the image if your playing a dvd or something outside MythTV
> (this to check how your system quallity is)

Images of DVD's playing is really great - allso the sound from them.
So playing such media top nice.
So my guess is the settings for the mpeg quality.
But after changing the settings, I could not see any differences,
especially sport (fotball) looks horrible.
Not a sharp picture at all. So back and play some more :-)

Thanks