[mythtv-users] Hardware questions

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Tue Oct 21 22:42:30 UTC 2008

Well I am more than likely getting a Rogers Digital box soon, so am
wondering how to upgrade here. My server specs are:

ASUS P4V8X-MX mobo
1.2gb ram
P4 3.4ghz EE cpu
7600 GS AGP card

1. I'd say I'm relatively out of the loop with current hardware, so I'm
wondering if there such a mobo that will support any or all of the above
parts but also have the newer PCI Express needed for newer tuner cards?
2. Or am I looking at having to get new mobo+cpu+ram+card?
3. What are the top tuner card(s) that can capture analog+digital\HD that
work great with Myth?

Got a birthday and big bonus coming, trynna prepare myself here.. much
appreciated for any help.

Thanks
Bob