[mythtv-users] [mythtv] CC benchmarks and procedure list ? Was: how would one speed up the channel changing in mythtv ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 21 21:03:53 UTC 2008

On 10/21/2008 03:49 PM, Dan Christensen wrote:
> Doug Young writes:
>
>> My solution was straightforward.  I took the actual perl to change the
>> channel and made it into a daemon that listens on a fifo object.
>>
> Sounds great!  Can you make this available for others to use?

Another option is to create a channel change script that backgrounds the
actual channel change.  Either call the real channel change script with
something like:

#!/bin/bash
real_channel_change.sh "$@" &
exit 0

or background the long-running commands in the real script, as possible
(i.e. won't work in some loop-based scripts that send individual channel
digits to irsend, for example).

Mike