[mythtv-users] What hardware do I need to be able to dual record using Comcast cable?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Oct 21 18:53:29 UTC 2008

Johnny Russ <jruss at mit.edu> says:
> I don't have a P4 or an HD content in mythtv so I can't speak for
> sure, but it was my empression from other posts on this list that a
> P4 wouldn't be adequate for HD playback,

My Pentium 4 has done a great job of playing US MPEG-2 HD recordings
via OTA or FireWire for almost three years now. See signature.

> at least not at higher bitrates or H264.

As others have noted, as a rank beginner he's unlikely to be using
trunk for HD-PVR support, so h.264 won't matter for now.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array