[mythtv-users] Handbreak settings for MythTV?

Comments comments at mecworks.com
Sun Oct 19 14:47:31 UTC 2008

Hi all,

After encoding some of my personal DVDs for use on my iPod, I was
wondering if there is a preset in Handbreak that produces good output
for use on MythTV?  Preferably, a setting that would look good at 720p
and have full surround sound.

I originally was just placing the DVD ISO images on the mythtv box but
on movies with greater than a stereo audio track, the sound does not
sync with the video.  Also, the DVD ISOs just take up too much space.
By encoding using Handbreak, I'll fix both these issues.

Anyone familiar with Handbreak enough to know about the presets or
compatible command line settings to do this?

Thanks!

--
Marc