[mythtv-users] No luck getting Mythtv to work - Configuration woos

Laura Conrad sunny at laymusic.org
Sun Oct 19 11:03:45 UTC 2008

>>>>> "daryl" == daryl  <sofasurferlinux at charter.net> writes:

    daryl> I have tried to get Mythtv to work but so far no luck. My Hauppauge HVR
    daryl> 1600 card is recognized and I do have video and audio using Mplayer.

    daryl> I Have installed Mythbuntu-Desktop and have no clue how to get it to do
    daryl> anything. I have been over the Mythtv Manual and it doesn't help me.

    daryl> When I open the frontend, the "watch tv" option does nothing.

I had that problem too.  It's because you haven't defined any channels.

If you're in the US, you have to tell it your schedulesdirect username
and password and then scan for the channels.  It took me several tries
to find where you can scan for the channels, but it is there and after
you do that, you will be able to watch tv.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

The opposite of "funny" isn't "serious"; the opposite of both "funny"
and "serious" is "sordid".

R. A. Lafferty