[mythtv-users] Storage Groups 'vs' Recording directory

"José Tomás @ Chico" jose.tomas at chico.mine.nu
Sat Oct 18 20:51:11 UTC 2008

Hi!

I may be a little confused on this matter, my issue is:

During mythtv-setup I defined 3 directories, one for each Storage Group
(LiveTV, Default, DBBackups).

I also redefined at fronted the directories for Riping, recording and music.
I have all directories in the same physical disk/partition and

But what ever I do or did I only see this:
* every job (riping or recording) is get available on those directories
that are defined on Frontend>Setup and not at those belonging to Storage
Groups.
* any vob or avi that I copy into any of the Storage Group directories
is made available at film's Library.

Did I missing anything?
How can I see the files available on the recording directory side by
side for those available at Storage Groups?

Fo rmy tests I do not understand so how MythTV will balance recordings
and showing them at same time?
Or the Storage Group is only intended for recordings (nuvs) and not for
filmes?

Thanks!
Tomás