[mythtv-users] can't switch tuners anymore

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Oct 18 19:14:57 UTC 2008

On Oct 18, 2008, at 11:59 AM, backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org wrote:

> I have three ATSC tuners: a pcHDTV and two on my HDHR
>
> I used to be able to switch among these by pressing Y on the
> keyboard (C
> is supposed to work also).  This has stopped working.  It may have
> stopped after my 0.20 > 0.21 upgrade (mythbuntu 7.10 > 8.04), I don't
> know.

> If I hit "y" nothing happens.  If I hit C, it gives me the name of the
> tuner (DVB-1, my pcHDTV tuner), but that's it.

It's not supposed to any more because the keymap was removed. Instead,
you want to use Next Input instead of Next Tuner since it makes more
sense (there may be more than 1 input on a card that you would never
get to by cycling through tuners, but you would by cycling through
inputs).

> If I am watching live TV and a recording is supposed to start, MythTV
> gives me a dialogue asking if I want to watch it while it records (or
> record and not watch, or not record).  It appears it can't default to
> the next tuner like it's supposed to.

That was never the default behavior. There is an option to allow
LiveTV to reschedule programs, but it has o be explicitly set.

> If I tell it to record and not watch, I go back to the menu.  If I
> then
> choose to watch live TV, it *will* use the next tuner to watch live
> TV,
> so I am sure my second tuner is working.  The second tuner (the HSHR)
> responds to hdhomerun_config commands, so I don't think it is a
> problem
> with the tuner.

That's because the "best" tuner (the one you said to use first) is now
being used so it picks the next one in the list.

> I've run mythdb_optimze with no help.
>
> Any ideas?

The other way to do it is to press M(enu), then choose which input you
want to jump to. This is great if you're like me and have 6 tuners and
know which one you want to use and it's not the next one in the list. :)

-Brad