[mythtv-users] Suspend to Ram / mythshutdown / Daily Cron / Mythfilldatabase

Jon Boehm boehm100 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 18 17:28:52 UTC 2008

Hi,

So I'm trying to do all of the above and I think I running into some
mutually exclusive terms.

Mythwelcome has the ability to schedule daily up times for scheduling
the daily cron window.  I believe mythshutdown --shutdown accesses this
information and the next mythfilldatabase time and select the next
correct restart time.  But I wish to to suspend to ram instead of doing
a cold boot.  Thus I don't think I can use "Server halt command: sudo
mythshutdown --shutdown "

One more bit of info.  I'm using a custom "Set wakeuptime command:"
script because I'm using /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm.  I think I have
to since my kernel > 2.6.22.

The solution I have in my head is to put mythfilldatabase in the daily
cron and force a wake window in my "Set wakeuptime command:" script.
Overriding the backend's wakeuptime request if it is after the daily
cron window.  I might also have to put the system back to sleep after
the last cron job, possibly with another cron job, or I could use
mythshutdown lock/unlock.

Is there an easier way?  Is there any way to get mythshutdown --shutdown
to use suspend-to-ram instead of halt and play nice with
/sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm?

Thanks,
Jon