[mythtv-users] Should I switch to SVN? (will it fix my last 2 problems?)

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Sat Oct 18 17:08:59 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 12:52 PM, DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:

> I've been having problems with commercial skipping ever since I
> installed 0.21.  I am using ATRPM's original build for FC7 and can no
> longer get updates since he doesn't support FC7 any longer.  I am
> considering switching to SVN but want to make sure the problem has been
> fixed before I take the plunge.
>
> When I watch a recording and stop it in the middle, I tell it to save
> the position.  I then start watching another show and when it comes to
> the commercial, I press Z (set for manual skip) and it switches back to
> the saved position of the other show.  I press Z again and it switches
> back to the show I'm really watching and skips the commercial.  I'm
> wondering if anyone has seen this (I posted something when it first came
> up but no one posted a solution) and if it is a bug or something I have
> messed up in my setup.  If it was a bug, has it been fixed?
>
> The other issue I'm wondering about is the "clicks and pops" when
> recordings have corrupt sections.  There was a thread some time back
> about it and I seem to remember someone writing a patch to fix it.  Is
> that true and, if so, was it incorporated into the current trunk?  If
> so, I'll definitely want to go to SVN.

It is my understanding that trunk is considered to be pretty unstable at the
moment. The devs are rewriting major portions of software. Even if you fix
some of your current problems you are likely to find other problems if you
run trunk. You may want to look into Mythbuntu weekly builds of .21-fixes.
Or if you want to run from SVN use the .21-fixes branch rather than trunk.