[mythtv-users] Quiet fans

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Sat Oct 18 07:42:10 UTC 2008

On Oct 17, 2008, at 2:05 PM, Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:

> Yan Seiner wrote:
>> You know, if you were to build a few of these, I'd buy a couple or
>> three.
>> Basically, something that can handle 2-3 temp sensors, run up to 4
>> fans,
>> and works off a regular PC power supply.
>>
>> That way you could stick the temp sensors inside the raid array and
>> run
>> the fans based on the max temp in the array.
>
> For a pre-made (but a bit expensive) solution see
>
> http://www.mcubed-store.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1_35

So, I'm moderately surprised...I did a bit of Googling, and didn't
find much of this type of product except for the ones at the link you
posted. The hard part would be coming up with some snazzy software to
control the unit. Hardcoding the mapping of temp sensors to fans, and
the temp limits would be easy, but having a nice UI to manage it is a
lot more work.

-Pete