[mythtv-users] OT: Samba help

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Sat Oct 18 07:34:27 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Sorry for the off topic post, but the answers I get to Linux questions
here are always so much better than anywhere else.

I've been having Samba problems for a while but I now really need to get
it sorted. I want my MythBox to be the network server for the house as
the machine is always on. I have one Ubuntu laptop, on XP machine and
one dual buut Ubuntu/XP laptop that I want to connect to it.

I've followed all of the tutorials that I can find on the net and they
always sound so easy but I always come unstuck!

I'm now in a position where I finally seem to be able to see all of the
shared directories from the different machines, but I assume I just
don't have the appropriate permissions to access them.

Can anyone help me on this or point me to the right place.

I somehow had this working for just my XP box, but folowing two other
tutorials seems to have broken that now so I really need to get things
working.

Looking forward to hearing your replies.

Cheers
Damian