[mythtv-users] Full screen corruption with fglrx

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 08:58:46 UTC 2008

2008/10/17 Hans Houwaard <hans at ginder.xs4all.nl>

> First post on the list, Hi all!

Welcome!

[snip]

> This all seems to work now, except for video corruption in TV. The first
> channel get displayed correctly, the next channel that's  changed to has a
> high chance to be displayed all carbled, with deinterlacing all on top of
> eitherother or with a complete garbled output. Leave TV with Esc and
> reentering it gives the correct display.

You can also fix it by going into the EPG and back out a few times (the
embedded video EPG), but this is the single most annoying issue with the ATI
drivers, and is still not fixed I'm afraid.

Do you get bad tearing too? I ended up ditching my ATI card for an nVidia
card because of these two issues, however the ATI part is silent so I'd like
to go back to it once these are resolved.

Never had the full screen issue though. (Mind you, I do run mythwelcome
directly from .xinit which bypasses a lot of the window manager stuff, I
wonder if that helps at all.)