[mythtv-users] Segfault on DVB-S scan using mythtv-setup .21-fixes

OCG Technical Support support at ocg.ca
Thu Oct 16 16:44:57 UTC 2008

I recently upgraded to .21-fixes and all is running great, including my
existing sat channels.

I just added another LNB and am trying to scan, but EVERY time mythtv-setup
crashes once the scan starts.  I get a few errors relating to:

X Error: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) 2

  Major opcode: 2

  Minor opcode: 0

  Resource id: 0x38

And I'm dumped back to the command line.  Is there a work around for this?

I've read about a multicore bug causing mythtv to choke, but how can I force
mythtv-setup to run on a single core?  (Any way to force affinity etc from
command line)?

Thanks