[mythtv-users] mac-mini frontend for HD

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 15:13:15 UTC 2008

Hi

2008/10/16 Jason Weida <jason.m.weida at gmail.com>:
> This is all great information, I think the mini sounds like the way
> I'm going to go.
>
> Does anyone have experience connecting a mini to component video?
> Maybe this is not even possible and I'm stuck with svideo.

Something to bear in mind with the mini.

Running mythtv on Linux, I never managed to get de-interlacing
properly working and open-gl video sync doesn't work either.
so motion watching HD channel is never really smooth.

bot size wise it's a fantastic little machine ...

I updated mine with a 2.33GHz C2D, added 2GB of RAM and put a 200GB HD
... Will sell it now as I wanted to be able to play bluray disk and
the lack of HDCP is an issue