[mythtv-users] Lost "Upcoming Recordings"

Greg Hermsen g.hermy15 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:07:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 3:11 AM, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 15/10/2008, Greg Hermsen <g.hermy15 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was in the process of adding shows to my recording schedule through
> > Mythweb.  I went to verify them in my Upcoming Recordings and all
> recording
> > schedules were gone.  Everything else seems to be intact.  I still have
> the
> > shows that I previously recorded.  I still have my channel lineup and the
> > listings display in the lineup.  I still have my custom searches.  The
> only
> > thing that was lost is all my scheduled recordings.  I can't pinpoint
> > anything I did.  Does anybody have any ideas to fix this, or at least
> > suggestions to prevent it in the future if you suspect I did something?
>
> I've seen it a couple of times.  Fortunately a restart of the backend
> made everything appear again.
>
> Depending on how many and complicated your recording schedules are,
> then a nightly backup of your database is a step towards a solution.

Thanks for the response.  I noticed this late last night and partly because
I'm a noob and partly because I was over-tired, the sequence of events is a
little sketchy.  I mentioned that everything other than the upcoming
recordings looked like it was intact.  I'm pretty sure I saw my program
listings (under watch live TV) after loosing "Upcoming Recordings."  The
current state however is that I am also missing the program guide and my
tuners show up as "Unavailable".

I am using a Hauppauge HVR-1600 with beta drivers.  The beta download page
said that the driver must be recompiled after each kernel update.  It looked
like the kernel updated last night around the time I started noticing my
problem.  I tried going through the recompile but was unsuccessful.  I'm
going to try again tonight.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_HVR-1600

Thanks,
Greg