[mythtv-users] HDMI audio mute/unmute problem

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 15 00:19:03 UTC 2008

JP Fournier wrote:

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythVideo
>
> I have bounced back and forth between the internal player and xine. The big
> plus to me with the internal player is that it uses Myth's default
> controls.
> With xine, you've got to manually setup the controls through lirc.
>

> --------
>
> Ah yes mythvideo.  I don't think it can play mythtv recordings though?
> Obviously mplayer can physically play the files, but it won't be
> integrated into playing back myth's recordings, will it?
>
> jp

The video system is sort of separate from the TV side of things. There's a
system to categorize and describe videos but it's different from the listing
information associated with TV programs. Conceptually, playing DVDs is again
something differnet. But that capability has been merged into MythVideo.