[mythtv-users] Manual "weekly" schedules

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Oct 14 18:42:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:17:18AM -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Jonathan Larson wrote:
> > Indeed. However, the fact that it doesn't update with new
> > occurrences unless the BE is restarted does seem like a bug, no?
>
> It should be updated every time the scheduler runs. If it's not doing
> that, I would say it's a bug. Nothing should require the backend to be
> restarted.

No, it doesn't get updated everytime the scheduler runs.  It gets
updated when the scheduler runs because something might have affected
that recording rule.  That will normally be right after
mythfilldatabase runs.  Jonathan, make sure mythfilldatabase is being
run daily either automatically by the backend or via an external cron
job.

David
--
David Engel