[mythtv-users] DVB: frontend 0 frequency limits undefined - fix the driver - sndaw2 & fedora 8

Giacomo Shimmings giacomo_shimmings at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 18:37:02 UTC 2008

Looking back through my logs for /var/log/messages  I have been getting errors for weeks regarding the limits undefined.  However, these errors seem to be when Mythtv tries to scan for multiplexes or EIT data.

Using linuxtv-dvb-apps to produce a channels.conf file (to import) seems to have worked.

# cd /home/mythtv/linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.1/util/scan/dvb-t
#  ./scan dvb-t/uk-CrystalPalace > 20081012_channels.conf

Importing the channels.conf created the channels (albeit with some of them having some very strange channel numbers).  A quick edit of the channel numbers sorted that out though.  Mythtv-setup still cannot pick up a lock on any multiplexes, and crashed twice during the channels.conf import process, the third import got all the channels.

Live TV using the frontened is fine as is timed recordings.  It seems that once the import had successfully completed. my box was fine.

Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE