[mythtv-users] Manual "weekly" schedules

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Tue Oct 14 18:05:44 UTC 2008

> On Sep 24, 2008, at 11:48 AM, David Engel wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:01:57AM -0700, Jonathan Larson wrote:
> >> I've created a manual schedule to record a specific time slot on a
> >> weekly basis. The upcoming recordings page only lists recurrences of
> >> this manual schedule for 2 weeks, so I'm wondering what will happen
> >> a month from now-will upcoming recurrences be added automatically as
> >> they get closer (within 2 weeks), or is there something I need to do
> >> to refresh the schedule?
> >
> > You don't need to do anything else.  Recurring manual entries get
> > added automatically as needed.  Only two weeks worth get added at any
> > time since that's typically all the guide data anyone has.

Update: You are correct that only two weeks get added initially. What I learned afterwards is that the schedule is not updated as time goes by UNLESS the MBE process is restarted.

> I was just considering what the original poster might expect to see in
> the upcoming recordings.

I think 14-30 days is a reasonable limit...

Manual recordings displayed until the end of
> time? That would be a REALLY long list.

Indeed. However, the fact that it doesn't update with new occurrences unless the BE is restarted does seem like a bug, no?

Jon