[mythtv-users] mac-mini frontend for HD

MonkeyPet monkeypet at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 23:45:40 UTC 2008

I run mythfrontend under OSX on a 1080p tv.  STD recording is fine,
but HD (recorded from hdhomerun box) especially 1080i is still
chopping and makes me cry.  I haven't experimented with running Linux
on the mini yet.  For a remote, I use an iphone running mymote and the
app works great most of the time.  The remote that comes with the mini
is only 6 buttons and inadequate.  My mini is a 1.83GHz Intel Core 2
Duo 1GB.  So far, I am very disappointed with it and will not spend
that much $$$ for a solution that can't do HD.