[mythtv-users] HDMI audio mute/unmute problem

JP Fournier jape41 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 21:17:00 UTC 2008

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to get HDMI audio working with this *780G *MB:
http://www.jwele.com/motherboard_detail.php?419

My problem is that I don't get any audio unless I manually mute and then
unmute the IEC958 device from the command line (either before or while a
recording is playing):

amixer -c 1 sset 'IEC958' mute
amixer -c 1 sset 'IEC958' unmute

Interestingly, mplayer has no muting problem. For example this works fine
repeatedly:

mplayer -ao alsa 1064_20080701133000.mpg

Is there anyway I can get mythtv to do this for me when I start playback?
ie is there an equivalent of a channel change script for playback start and
playback stop?

Any thoughts or other pointers appreciated.

jp