[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

Brent Norris brent at brentnorris.net
Mon Oct 13 20:24:06 UTC 2008

Jonny B wrote:

> Furthermore, how would myth determine what a file is? When you
> download something off the web, it may have nothing more than a
> filename to tell you what it is. How about a ripped DVD that's been
> stored as MP4 or AVI? I am perfectly content with how mythvideo works.
> It allows me to put all my non-recorded content into a directory
> structure that makes is simple to sort through available TV shows,
> movies, etc...

I agree with this about Movies, but I would like a way to put shows into
the recording screen that are not really recorded.  I very rarely want
to keep episodes of shows once I have watched them and the recorded
programs screen has great interfaces for deleting and managing that the
videos screen does not.

It would be wonderful if you could drop files into the recordings folder
and have myth work with them in the recordings screen.

Brent