[mythtv-users] SATA errors? ata3.00 exception

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Mon Oct 13 13:37:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 03:18 -0700, bit maelstrom wrote:

> I have a feeling this is related to another issue I've had with this
> mobo. I can't boot up a Linux CD. I get a bunch of "Buffer I/O errrors
> on device fd0" before being dumped into initramfs. I managed to get
> rid of those by turning off one of the BIOS settings, but all that did
> was dump me into initramfs without the error messages. So I started
> over and installed from a flash drive.
>
> I think that's a clue.

Some of the newer Nvidia motherboards have sata that does not play nice
with the kernel in Ubuntu 8.04. I had one that I had to install kernel
2.6.25 to get the sata working properly. You can get more details on
which chipsets are affected by searching for "all_generic_ide" and Hardy
or Ubuntu.

Cheers,
James