[mythtv-users] Can't Stream Music from MythWeb

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Oct 13 05:21:28 UTC 2008

Can anyone provide any pointers for getting music streaming to work from
MythWeb? Music plays just fine from the frontend under MythMusic. But I can't
get it to work from MythWeb. A playlist generated by MythWeb looks like:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:108,George Frederick Handel - Royal Fireworks Music Suite,
http://myserver.pvt/mythweb/music/stream?i=1775
#EXTINF:140,George Frederick Handel - Water Music Suite, Bamburg Ph
http://myserver.pvt/mythweb/music/stream?i=1785

Host name and MythWeb path are correct. When I open one of those URLs directly
I get, with HTML removed here for readability:

Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/modules/music/stream.php, line 105:
readfile(http://10.0.2.1:6544/Myth/GetMusic?Id=1775) [<a
href='function.readfile'>function.readfile</a>]:
failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

The IP address is correct for the server.

I *do* have a symlink from mythweb/data/music to my actual music location.
Music directory and all files are world readable.

MythWeb is otherwise functioning as far as scheduling, listing data,
administration stuff, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might have missed?

Thanks for your help.