[mythtv-users] iPodFeed failing

Ivan Kowalenko kichigaimentat at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 03:47:26 UTC 2008

Greetings all. So I've got a fresh install of the latest version of
KnoppMyth on my system, using a single hard disk, and I've done no
customization outside of enabling remote front-ends. But the thing is
that while iPodFeed creates a feed, it doesn't seem to be creating
files. I've got XML entires for each recording that's supposed to
exist, but nothing else.

The Facts:
* Running a Celeron 600 with 256 MB of RAM
* Nothing's been changed except binding MySQL to the machine's real-
world IP address (and not the loop-back)
* The Feed exists
* The XML entires for each file exists
* The hard disk for recordings is nowhere near full (using like 20 GB
out of 250 GB).
* The recordings I have chosen for transcoding are recorded at like 5
AM (I don't usually get up until like 9, and usually I'm running to
class then).
* Recordings are MPEG-2 files generated by my PVR-150 (using the
default recording setting)
* Recordings are NOT commflagged (by choice)
* This job occurs once a day, and only once a day.
* Recordings are a half hour long and mostly low-motion (we're talking
BBC World News).

So what's the process for debugging this? I know I need to get logs,
but from which processes, and can I log a user-job script? Or is there
some known issue that I'm not aware of?

Thanks all!