[mythtv-users] Mythtv Record options

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Oct 11 18:20:00 UTC 2008

On Oct 11, 2008, at 10:05 AM, Richard Morton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am pretty new to Mythtv and new to this list, so "Hello!".

Hi!

> From what I can research and seen there are quite a few recording
> options but no series record or unique episode option.
>
> What I would like a a way to record all episodes of a program (with
> options of by channel and all channels), ignoring repeats of the
> program if the program is already recorded (or even within x days of
> a previous recording of the program - where x is set in the settings
> of Myth).
>
> So as a for instance; Virgin1 in the UK repeats one of my favorite
> programs 'House' lots. they air mutliple different episodes a week,
> but each of those episodes air aired multiple times a week.
>
> 1) Records a show anytime the title is listed on this station
> and
> 2) Record a title once per day
>
> seem closest but 1 records duplicates of the same episode and 2
> missed episodes. I am sure I can come up with the SQL to get the
> results from the two options above. Would there be support for this
> change?

There is a separate setting for duplicate detection. From what I
remember, the default is to match by title and description. So
basically, unless you tell it otherwise (or your description data is
generic, therefore unidentified) it will only record one showing of
each title/description combination.