[mythtv-users] XBMC MythTV

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Sat Oct 11 15:49:30 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 7:02 AM, Ben Edwards <list4me2 at googlemail.com>wrote:

> XBMCMythTV sounds good but does anyone know what version of mythtv it
> has.  I am runing 2.21 on by backend.

I am not sure what you are saying exactly but I will take a stab at this. I
assume you are talking about the XBMC MythTV python scripts. This is not
mythtv and so it doesn't have a version of mythtv. This is just a set of
python scripts that were designed to allow you to pull media from a mythtv
backend using the mythtv protocol. However, I believe much of this
functionality is rolled into the regular XBMC these days, so you don't even
need to use the python scripts. I haven't used the mythtv python scripts, so
I can't really compare them ot the built mythtv features. But you can
certainly browse and watch recordings from your backend with the default
install of more recent XBMC builds. As far as your backend, I think you mean
you have 0.21 running on your backend. Or then again maybe I am the one that
is confused and has no idea what I am talking about.