[mythtv-users] Mythtv away from home.

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Oct 11 02:28:10 UTC 2008

On Oct 10, 2008, at 7:04 PM, Yan Seiner wrote:

> Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
>> Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> writes:
>>

>>> If you search the archives, I started and abandoned a myth-to-go
>>> project.  Basically it would need a UI to select the movies and
>>> recordings to transfer, then use something like rsync to transfer
>>> the movies and then export the pertinent entries from the home
>>> database and import them into the on-the-go database.
>>>

>> Oh, I should say: I don't really care about a UI.  I'm happy
>> writing a
>> simple script that would do the work for me, though if I'm not taking
>> the whole archive, then I'd need some means of selecting which files
>> to transfer.

Doesn't MythArchive allow you to export selected recorded programs
including the metadata that can then be reimported into mythtv at some
point in the future (or in this case, another mythtv system)? I've
never used this feature because when I'm on the go I transcode and
sync my programs to an iPod (or iPhone), but I've seen it in the menus.

-Brad