[mythtv-users] [Announce] New version of MythSqueezeBox plugin Available

stuart stuart at xnet.com
Sat Oct 11 01:54:31 UTC 2008

Bill Williamson wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:00 AM, George Galt <george.galt at gmail.com
> <mailto:george.galt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com
>     <mailto:bill at bbqninja.com>> wrote:
>      > On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 8:19 AM, George Galt
>     <george.galt at gmail.com <mailto:george.galt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>      >>
>      >> All:
>      >>
>      >> We've released an updated version of MythSqueezeBox, the plugin that
>      >> allows you to emulate a SqueezeBox on MythTV.  I

>      > Does this inlude syncing support?

>     Bill:
>
>     There have been mixed results on syncing.  It should work, but it
>     seems to work better with Squeezebox 3s, and not so well with the old
>     Slimp3 players.
>
>     George

> What about between 2 mythsqueezes? I have nosqueezeboxes but want
> something that will sync :)

The original slimdevices paradigm was to control most everything from
the server.  This includes the music buffer - or at least that part of
the buffer which is in memory.  If the hardware adds any significant
buffering (or, more importantly, a different amount of buffering), then
sync'ing between two dissimilar clients will be problematic.

That said, I'm not going to go as far as to say two different
mythsqueeze boxes will sync to each other.  But, I will say, if they
have identical audio hardware, it is possible.

Good luck and post your findings!