[mythtv-users] Sound card for mythtv

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 19:02:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Oct 10, 2008, at 11:44 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>
>> Please don't top-post.
>>
>> Why would a sound card be any different for HDTV?
>
> I suppose he means he wants to make sure it will appropriately output
> 5.1 audio. I can't imagine anyone selling a sound card today that
> doesn't support this, but I guess it's a valid concern.

I think the problem is getting one that is compatible with linux. I
have heard complaints about the drivers for soundblaster audigy cards
from ubuntu users. I have not had any problems at all with sound in
linux but I am using ac97 sound that is on most motherboards.

John