[mythtv-users] Does Hauppaugh HVR 2250 work with Myth

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Fri Oct 10 18:51:12 UTC 2008

Raphael,

Thanks for the information.   I'm still learning all of this stuff (well
outside my knowledge range :)

Anyway I pretty much have the most basic Comcast stuff so those channels
will be fine for me.  It sounds like they are encrypting the extended basic
packages (and up).  I pretty much only watch FOX, ABC, NBC, and CBS.

I was just reading the Wikipedia page on DTV and I get the SDTV, EDTV, HDTV
concepts a little bit better (clear as mud).  So if no conversion is need
because it's in MPEG already then I will probably look at getting the pcHDTV
card (http://www.pchdtv.com/) and a WINTV-HVR-1250.

There isn't any issue with mixing cards right?  The reason I can't go with
two 1250 because I only have 1 PCIe slot which is what the 1250 appears to
support.  Any other recommendations.

And thanks for all the help.  It is greatly appreciated.

Steve