[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 10 04:32:14 UTC 2008

On 10/09/2008 09:58 PM, Steve Hodge wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:47 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
>> Um, this page:
>> http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInfo
>>
>> where you sign up for the list, points to the gossamer-threads archive
>> quite clearly.
> For anyone else having trouble (it took me a couple of minutes and the use
> of Firefox's Page Info function), the links are the words "here".

More specifically, the link is the word, "here," in the sentence, "Go
here for a searchable mailing list archive."

>  The fact
> that they are almost the same colour as the normal text makes it difficult
> to see them as links, at least on my laptop. For some reason the other links
> on the page (in the same colour) aren't so hard to see.

Yeah, unfortunately, you have to read the words--instead of just looking
at the pretty colors--to get the information off the page.  ;)

(Yes, this is partially in jest.  I, myself, have failed to read all the
text on pages that provided the info for which I was searching--I'm sure
everyone has.  It would be nice if things were easier for new users to
find, and I'm certain that will be the case when the new (still in
development) web site goes live, but there's only so much you can do and
the rest is up to the person seeking the information.

And, no, I don't mind when people bring up the same ideas over and over,
as long as they realize that an idea without code is just an idea.
IMHO, Kevin said it best with, "No one is denying the validity of the
reason but the end result is the same. No code, no feature. If you know
of another way to turn ideas into features without someone coding it, by
all means, let's hear it." --
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/352881#352881 )

Mike