[mythtv-users] Storage groups: How to set 'SGweightLocalStarting' to 0?
ylee at pobox.com
Fri Oct 10 02:32:44 UTC 2008
Jonathan Larson <jtlarson at u.washington.edu> says:
> What I found is that the Null entry did reset the local disk
> weighting to 0, making it equal to the remote disks. In spite of
> this, the system still chose to record to one of the local disks
> with less free space than some of the remote disks. This behavior
> would seem to be contrary to Chris's documentation, though I'm not
> sure why that happened. Any more insight from the experts?
I presume you've seen the thread starting at
so you know how I stand on the issue.
I believe what happens is something like the following:
* Disk A has 30GB free, but 100GB of expirable/deleted recordings
* Disk B has 35GB free, but 5GB of expirable/deleted recordings
* MythTV is told to keep 30GB minimum free on all disks
* MythTV uses B for a new 10GB recording, as it has more free space
* Once free space on B gets below 30GB, it expires the 5GB of
expirable recordings, even if the 5GB was recorded just two hours
I have been running the patch for a week now, but believe the real key
is to have the new pass 2 run before (or instead of) the existing pass
1, not after.
Frontend: P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array
Backend: Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6
Video inputs: Four high-definition over FireWire/OTA
Accessories: 47" 1080p LCD, 5.1 digital, and MX-600
More information about the mythtv-users