[mythtv-users] Does Hauppaugh HVR 2250 work with Myth

Jenks, Mark Mark.Jenks at nsighttel.com
Thu Oct 9 21:53:11 UTC 2008

________________________________

	From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Paulin
	Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 4:43 PM
	To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
	Subject: [mythtv-users] Does Hauppaugh HVR 2250 work with Myth

	Hello everyone,

	I am starting the process of building a PVR with MythTV.  Anyway
trying to find a digital card with MPEG Encoding has been my sticking
point.  Anyway I recently found the Hauppaugh HVR 2250
(http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr2250.html) and am very
interested in it.  However it isn't listed on the known hardware list
for Myth.

	So my question is anyone using this card successfully with Myth?

	I also found this
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...v/users/343983
<http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/343983> which is
quoted below

		Re: Need a Dual turner Capture card for myCable,
WinTV-PVR 500 is discontinued* CONFIRMED * so what do you recommend ?

		well I started the thread so I will close it, I finally
ended up buying the hauppauge 2250, linux drivers are on their way ( it
is even stated on hauppauge webpage ), basically this will be the
replacement for the PVR 500, since they are getting a lot of heat from
FCC to not sell any cards that can't decode digital, as I said on a post
before, I think this card will serve 2 purposes, first the intended one
and second I could help do a lot of beta testing ( or even dust my old C
knowledge and work a bit on the driver )

		Thank you all for your responses.
		Roberto.

	Any feedback would be appreciated.

	Steve