[mythtv-users] OSD time calculation issue

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Oct 9 17:04:07 UTC 2008

On Oct 9, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Chris Henhawke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Been experiencing an issue with my myth box lately.  Around the
> beginning
> of September, my recordings started to have a time skew issue
> relating to
> the OSD.

Did you switch from analog to digital or something like that? There is
an issue when broadcasters mix frames in a single broadcast. Mythtv
does its best to try to count them to get the actual recording length,
but when they differ (commercials are sometimes different fame sizes)
it can miscalculate the length of the recording.