[mythtv-users] Have myth email schedule info

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Oct 8 22:08:27 UTC 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 1:42 PM, larry krasno wrote:

> I am looking for a way to have mythtv send an email that contains
> program info ( I want to notify  people about an specific program I
> would like them to see). Googling "mythtv send email" doesn't help.
>
> Ideally I would like to be able to send the email while perusing the
> schedule information.
>
> Any suggestions, pointers, etc.

Nothing like that currently exists. I've seen scripts that email and/
or post upcoming and/or recorded programs to a web page or twitter or
whatever the cool thing of the moment is. Mythbuntu even comes with a
script to give you upcoming recordings when you log into your shell
account.

The only way I can think to get close to what you want (without
writing a bunch of C++ code) is to create a User Job that emails
program information so while you're looking through your recorded
programs you can chose to run a user job that launches a script to
email the information to a pre-defined person/list of people. You
could even set the user job to automatically run on select programs so
as soon as it's recorded, an email goes out that it is there waiting
for you. I think someone even had it send text messages to their phone
when something was ready to be watched.

Again, this would only work on programs that have been recorded. There
is no mechanism to act on programs that are simply scheduled to record.

-Brad