[mythtv-users] Storage groups: How to set 'SGweightLocalStarting' to 0?

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 8 17:11:02 UTC 2008

So do I need to put in 3 entries-one for each BE, or 6-one for each storage dir?

Probably one for each backend.  Settings are not storage group specific but host specific.

I guess the problem for me is that the post you linked to addresses 'SGweightPerDir' not 'SGweightLocalStarting', and I'm just trying to figure out which parts translate from one to the other...
The principle is the same.  Most settings in the DB (if you browse through it) have a hostname component because they are per host settings, not global.

Kevin

So I tried entering the settings but got the same result as before-remote storage with more free space is still ignored. Here's the entries I made in settings:

mysql> select * from settings where value = "SGweightLocalStarting";
+-----------------------+------+----------+
| value                 | data | hostname |
| SGweightLocalStarting | 0    | AVPC1    |
| SGweightLocalStarting | 0    | AVPC2    |
| SGweightLocalStarting | 0    | AVPC3    |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I would think that the above setting would put all drives-local or remote-on an equal weighting. And if they are equally weighted, new recordings should be routed to the drive with the most storage space based on the explanation by Chris:

"The drive with the lowest weight is used first.  In a tie, the drive with the highest amount of free disk space is used first."

Any suggestions as to what else needs to change?

Jon