[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 15:43:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:34 AM, xavier hervy
<xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com>wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 09:45 -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>

> > Perhaps, but music isn't the same as video and how I browse for Movies
>
> What about music clip ? should it be in mythmusic or in mythvideo ?
> I would think mythmusic even if it is a video ...

Not on my radar.  I would expect that under video, not music because while
it's a music video, any traditional music player isn't the place to go to
see clips.  I could see better integration between the two where if you were
listening to music by Springsteen that you had a button that was "Show
Springsteen videos" which simply presented you a query result for
"Springsteen" from your video collection.

Some problems aren't "where you store it" but "where you expect to see it
most" and then offering ties between functions to make it easier to find.
I've often thought of similar options from recordings or videos for "Find
more Robin Williams" type functionality.  There are obvious points of
intersection, but bolting that onto an existing structure will take some
consideration.

Kevin