[mythtv-users] Storage groups: How to set 'SGweightLocalStarting' to 0?

Jonathan Larson jtlarson at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 8 14:54:53 UTC 2008

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Kuphal
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 7:49 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Storage groups: How to set 'SGweightLocalStarting' to 0?

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Jonathan Larson <jtlarson at u.washington.edu<mailto:jtlarson at u.washington.edu>> wrote:

I've got 3 BE's each with 2 storage drives. They are all connected to a nice gigabit switch and use NFS and mount points so that all the BE's have access to all recording dirs. All the storage drives are added to the default SG.

I would like myth to balance the recordings across all the drives based on free space rather than 'local' vs. 'remote' storage, so I tried stopping mythBE, opening SQL as root, and executing the following command:

INSERT settings (value, data, hostname) VALUES ("SGweightLocalStarting ", 0, "");

Per the instructions on the wiki, you need to set a hostname when using this setting

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Storage_Groups_Weighting

Kevin

So do I need to put in 3 entries-one for each BE, or 6-one for each storage dir?

I guess the problem for me is that the post you linked to addresses 'SGweightPerDir' not 'SGweightLocalStarting', and I'm just trying to figure out which parts translate from one to the other...

Jon