[mythtv-users] how to improve Myth (was "OT: I'm streaming Netflix on my Linux box")

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Oct 8 14:21:11 UTC 2008

Magnus <magnus at yonderway.com> says:
> Drop the media objects in any folder that MythTV can see.  It
> shouldn't matter how they are stored as long as Myth knows where to
> find them.  The sorting should be based on the metadata for the
> media objects, not based on filesystem layout.

I completly agree, *as long as it's easy to quickly add/edit the
metadata*. Given the choice of using MythVideo's awful, awful Video
manager or sticking with the filesystem directories-based Gallery,
most sane people are going to choose the latter.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array