[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Oct 7 21:43:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, October 7, 2008 2:36 pm, Krzysztof Adamski wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-10 at 16:50 -0400, Bobby Gill wrote:
>> Okay, so I'd basically need a gigabit ethernet card in the BE and any
>> FE, anda gigabit switch and I'm good to go?
>>
>> Bandwidth is okay most of the time currently, but I run into problems
>> when I'm trying to watch a recording and transfer files between the
>> BE/FE simultaneously. The playback chops up too much and I wind up
>> having to pause until the file transfer is done.
>
> It is more likely a disk drive bandwidth problem and not network
> bandwidth problem.

Or a crappy chipset on the FE... One of mine did that - any disk activity
+ network activity will result in choppy video.  Seems that the internal
bus cannot handle ethernet, disk, and video activity all at once.

--
  o__

You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.