[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 21:30:00 UTC 2008

On 07/10/2008, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:
> Okay, so I'd basically need a gigabit ethernet card in the BE and any FE,
> anda gigabit switch and I'm good to go?
>
> Bandwidth is okay most of the time currently, but I run into problems when
> I'm trying to watch a recording and transfer files between the BE/FE
> simultaneously. The playback chops up too much and I wind up having to pause
> until the file transfer is done.

Rule out disk I/O starvation on the backend and frontend machines
before spending $$$ on a potentially unneeded network upgrade. You can
also increase the mythfrontend process priority to see if that
improves playback performance whilst transferring files in the
background.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: