[mythtv-users] MythTV UPnP Server

Xavier Hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Tue Oct 7 21:18:21 UTC 2008

Ian Hodgson wrote:
> Stuart,
>     Thanks for your comments; I did see multiple entries in the list
> of albums, but given that the server seemed to stream more reliably
> than the FUPPES server that come with FreeNAS, I planned to sort this
> out later. Ideally, I would like to have the server built into FreeNAS
> sorted, but mounting the NAS disk on a more reliable UPnP server seems
> to be the best bet whilst FUPPES is so prone to lock up.

I had multiple album entry as well, the reason is most likely because
those album are a compilation, When you scan for  new music, thoses
albums are seen as different albums with the same name because the
artist is different. This bug does not happen if you rip your music with
mythmusic. I did edit the database to fix this issue on my system.

If you want by artist, you need to uncomment line 79 to 91 in the file
mythbackend/upnpcdsmusic.cpp (see
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/upnpcdsmusic.cpp)
and  build mythbackend yourself. genre and recently added are available
as well but I did not try.
No playlist though

Xavier

PS: BTW Some ppl do not like top posting.