[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Oct 7 18:44:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, October 7, 2008 11:34 am, Bobby Gill wrote:
> I see quite a few have a 10/100mbps switch network, I am thinking of
> getting
> a gigabit switch as I've had a plain ol' Linksys router for quite some
> time
> now. How much of a difference would that make speed-wise?

I have gigabit from the server to the switch, from the server to the NAS,
and the rest of the system is 100 mbit.  Works for me.  I haven't done the
calcs but I have not seen any sign of network congestion.

One time I did the calcs on 100 mbit and got about 30% actual throughput
once you net out the overhead and collision delays - it maxes out at 3
mbyte/sec.

--
  o__

You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.