[mythtv-users] What kind of Myth setups do you all have?

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 12:11:33 UTC 2008

On Oct 7, 2008, at 4:33 AM, steve wrote:

> Jon Bishop wrote:
>> On Oct 7, 2008, at 3:48 AM, steve wrote:
>>> svideo If I remember correctly has a max of 640x480 and the picture
>>> quality was always marginable for me.  I dont have any fancy setup
>>> but I
>>> output vga to a 42" 1080p lcd, great picture with that.
>>> And ...should be
>>> somewhere betweeen hdmi and component quality, if anyone can even
>>> really
>>> tell the difference between those 2.
>>
>> I have svideo (out of nvideo gf4) running 1024x768 to my crt tv, so
>> if
>> there is a limit to 640x480, it isn't an svideo limit, but a chipset
>> limit.

Oh, yea, on topic.

Master Backend
Intel 845G motherboard
P4 2.6ghz w/1GB ram
2x Pinnacle HD PCI capture cards
1x200gb recording drive
1x80gb video drive
1x60gb main OS/mysql

Main Frontend (was also a slave backend before I upgraded to HD)
Intel 845E motherboard
P4 2.8ghz HT w/1GB ram
1x Hauppage WinTv Go Plus! (now only used for IR, was a slave backend
before I got the HD cards)
Nvidia GeForce4 ti4400 w/ 128mb ram
Svideo -> 32" CRT

Both run OpenSUSE 10.3 with .21-fixes